Peter A. Bruck, Andrea Buchholz, Zeger Karssen, Ansgar Zerfass - E-Content: Technologies and Perspectives for the European Market
Published: 2005-04-13 | ISBN: 354025093X, 3642064159 | PDF | 244 pages | 17 MB
Technologies develop rapidly and reach hurricane levels of velocity but quality E-Content and innovative applications lag behind. This book addresses the question how content industries change within a digital environment and what role information and communication technologies play in transforming the competitive landscape. The authors argue that post-industrial societies tend to pay substantial amounts for equipment and gadgets but invest far too little in the quality of the content. As a result, much effort is and has to be spent on the enhancement of E-Content.
The contributions give an elaborate overview of:
- the specifics, challenges and prospects of content in the network economy;
- market developments of digital media services;
- paid content business models;
- impacts on scientific publishing;
- developments in the field of E-Learning;
- the interplay between technology and content with the example of interactive digital TV;
- the mobile games market;
- emerging new cross media markets;
- the need to enhance the usability of websites and mobile applications;
- how digital applications might be used to capture and store our personal experiences.
A final chapter shows the prospects of the European E-Content market and gives an overview of valuable initiatives and resources dealing with the topic of E-Content.
Download File Size:15.96 MB