Ableton, a developer Live and Push - software and hardware for creating, producing and performing music, has released an update for Ableton Live 9.1, the latest version of the company's flagship music software. This update brings a host of minor tweaks, bug fixes and improvements.
The version 9.1 delivers the ability to open two windows simultaneously on either one or two monitors. Open Arrangement and Session Views side by side, or view Live's sample display or MIDI note editor in a separate window. This commonly requested feature makes Live's interface even easier to use and promises to boost workflow in many music-making scenarios.
For Push users, the version to Live 9.1 introduces new melodic step sequencing capabilities. Notes may now be entered manually or played by hand in real time via Push's pads. Additionally, all of Live's automatable parameters can now be step-sequenced and edited directly from Push's encoders.
Live 9.1 also introduces a new rendering algorithm for better quality audio when exporting from higher to lower sample rates -- for instance, when going from 96kHz to 44.1kHz. The update also brings a host of minor tweaks, bug fixes and improvements.
Wnat's new in 9.1.5:
Improvements and feature changes:
- Minor improvement to ensure compatibility with Mac OS X’ Gatekeeper for the forthcoming OS X updates 10.9.5 and 10.10.
- Improved the threshold for inverting text colour of clip names, chains, macros, etc., depending on the background color, for better readability.
- The [live.thisdevice] Max for Live object would no longer send a bang message out its first outlet when adding/removing control surface scripts in the Live preferences.
- Under certain conditions, the MIDI level indicator would not show any activity inside the routing chooser of a MIDI track.
- The Send button on the APC40 MKII would not work when pressed for the first time.
- The Launchpad's Mixer mode would stop working after using the Launchpad's Session Zoom feature in Live sets containing more that 8 tracks.
Changes for Push:
- When using a low audio buffer size or high sample rate, Push's buttons would not be backlit after launching Live (Windows only).
- When entering Scales mode on Push, the Selection and State Control buttons would not light up until one of them is pressed once.
- Push's Duplicate button would not work anymore for clips, tracks and scenes if Clip workflow is selected.
Ableton makes Ableton Live, a unique product for writing, recording and performing music with a computer. Since the company started in 1999, Ableton has attracted an extensive and highly committed community of musicians, composers and DJs worldwide. The company has received outstanding press, awards and customer feedback since the unveiling of Live in October 2001. The company headquarters are located in Berlin, and there is an additional office in New York City. Ableton currently has about 160 employees.
Name: Ableton Live
Version: Suite 9.1.5
Download File Size:684.33 MB