Chaos Group, a leading provider of state of the art rendering solutions for the media, entertainment, and design industries, has released V-Ray 3.40.02 Rhino 5, is built to be the smartest and fastest renderer for Rhino. It's clean. It's simple. And it's now faster than ever to create great-looking renders right in Rhino.
With new quick render presets and intuitive controls, you can focus on design, and not sweat the technical details. V-Ray's twin-engine rendering architecture takes full advantage of the latest CPU or GPU hardware. And with its full suite of tools, you can render anything and everything — from quick design concepts to your most detailed 3D models.
Designed for architects and product designers, V-Ray 3 for Rhino is a powerful, professional rendering plugin. Optimized to run on CPU or GPU hardware, it’s fast and interactive. The latest version includes over 500 drag-and-drop materials, and a streamlined interface which will speed up your design workflow.
Top new features of V-Ray for Rhino include:
- V-Ray Swarm — Our powerful, scalable distributed rendering system that's simple and fast.
- Section cuts — Create quick cutaways and section renders with V-Ray Clipper.
- Aerial perspective — Add realistic atmospheric depth and haze.
- Denoiser — Automatically remove noise—and cut render times by up to 50%.
- Virtual Reality — Render VR-ready content for popular virtual reality headsets.
Improvements in this version:
- Top-Bottom stereo output layout has been implemented
- Materials in the Asset Editor can now be renamed during Interactive rendering
- Grasshopper Components have been Reorganized
- The EXR, HDR and VRIMG file format have been added when saving Bongo animation
- The VFB Stop button now stops the entire Batch Rendering process
- Vertex Colors have been added and placed on the UV Texture when the channel is set to 0
- Added script function GetObjectVRayName
- Added visSetFocusPoint option to use Target point – this is a legacy option to work as in V-Ray 2.0 /span>
- The ability to export vrscene during Batch Render have been added
- The ability to control the reflection depth and refraction depth to the BRDF Reflection and BRDF Refraction layer independently have been added.
- Dialog window prompts when the imported geometries have a material already used in the current scene
- Object as Clipper – this allows you to clip with a custom geometry (nurbs or mesh)
- Set Materials ID to Black have been added to the V-Ray Tool menu. This option will set a black material ID color to all materials
Installation & Licensing
- The Online License Server (OSL) installer has been updated to version 4.4.1
- The SWARM installer has been updated to version 1.3.6
- V-Ray License optimizations at Rhino start-up have been implemented, V-Ray will now check license from the first plug-in interaction.
- Asset Editor icons have been updated to have consistent colors. Grayed out buttons can now be easily identified
- The Production and Interactive render buttons now become active when pressed. The state indicates whether a rendering process is ongoing. - They can also be used to stop the rendering when deactivated. This applies to both the V-Ray toolbar and the Asset Editor buttons
- Match Viewport mode has been added to the Render Output / Aspect Ratio drop-down menu. This mode will make sure that the rendered image aspect matches exactly the viewport aspect ratio
- Update button has been added to the Match Viewport options. It lets you update the aspect ratio in case the viewport resolution changes during interactive rendering
- The “Show Progress Window” have been moved from the “Tool” menu to the “V-Ray Render and Options” sub-menu
- The Pack Scene tool has been renamed to Pack Project
- Geometry Type icons have been added in the Asset Editors Geometry list. The icons identify the geometry type even if a custom object name has been used
- VFB and Asset Editor window parenting has been improved
- The Pick Focus Point and Update (get viewport aspect) button icons have been updated
- Max Depth option has been implemented for the Reflection and Refraction material layers
- V-Ray Edges texture Pixel Width can now be used to control edge thickness
- Use 3d Mapping checkbox has been implemented for all 3D textures. Previously those textures were always using the 3d Mapping mode. Now they can also be used as 2D maps and manipulated with the UVW controls
- The animation speed of the UI toggle buttons has been increased
- The “Edit Material” have been moved from “V-Ray Render and Option” to the “V-Ray Material” sub-menu
- “V-Ray RT” the option to render in viewport have been renamed to “V-Ray Interactive”
- The ‘Progressive’ switch button is now grayed out in Interactive mode
- Light Type icons have been added to the Asset Editors Light list. The icons identify the light source type and can be used to enable or disable the light
- Light enable/disable toggles have been implemented for all light types
- Directionality parameter has been implemented for the Light Rectangle light source
- Light Rectangle parameters have been re-organized. Portal Light toggle and drop-down menu have been implemented. Diffuse and specular contribution sliders have been added to the light parameters. No Decay option have been added.
- Light Sphere parameters have been re-organized. Diffuse and specular contribution sliders have been added to the light parameters. No Decay option have been added.
- Light Sun parameters have been re-organized. Sky and Ground Albedo parameters are now split into separate tabs.
- Light Mesh parameters have been re-organized. Diffuse and specular contribution sliders have been added to the light parameters. No Decay option have been added.
- Light Dome parameters have been re-organized. Diffuse and specular contribution sliders have been added to the light parameters. Shape drop-down menu has been added to the light parameters. It replaces the Dome Spherical option and toggles between a hemispherical and spherical light shape. Affect Alpha option have been added.
- Light Spot parameters have been re-organized. Diffuse and specular contribution sliders have been added to the light parameters
- Light IES parameters have been re-organized. Diffuse and specular contribution sliders have been added to the light parameters. Light shape override options have been implemented. They can be used to change shadow softness.
- Light Omni parameters have been re-organized. Diffuse and specular contribution sliders have been added to the light parameters.
- Light Directional parameters have been re-organized. Diffuse and specular contribution sliders have been added to the light parameters.
- Changing the anti-aliasing filter type and options will now be properly saved with the Rhino scene.
- Crash with light names
- Proxy’s that are in a block disappear after the first render or when editing the block
- Hidden Proxy are processing during the render.
- Editing Linked Block created a duplicate of the material.
- After Non-Interactive GPU rendering is complete, the VFB Stop button remained active.
- Aerial Perspective becomes denser every time the Interactive Render updates.
- Crash when reading malformed materials
- Emissive textures were not showing in the Rhino viewport
- Fog color was not transferring from V-Ray 2.0 to V-Ray 3.0 properly
- Rhino immediately stops responding as soon as scene is loaded
- Materials in scenes made using a beta build would lose their diffuse maps.
- Pack scene not working with big scenes
- Caustics is not working properly
- Opening Frame Buffer History options window crashes Rhino
- Setting a value bigger than the default slider range does not update the slider
- The Material Library panel does not retract when V-Ray objects/lights are selected in viewport
- Lights color and texture are not being read when rendering in CUDA mode
- Dome Light default orientation does not match the Environment orientation
- Changing Mesh Light position during Interactive Rendering with Swarm produces behind copies of the light
- Adding/Updating a Light’s texture during Interactive causes the process to stop
- Selecting objects through the Asset Editor behaves like sticky selection
- Material color fails to show in the viewport when you add a new layer at the top of the current layer
- Issues related to batch render and animation rendering
- Wrong noise scale in materials coming from V-Ray 2.0
- The Asset Editor’s Render button and Renderer section remain in “rendering” state even after the process has finished
About Chaos Group
Chaos Group creates physically-based rendering and simulation software for artists and designers. Founded in 1997, Chaos Group has devoted the last 16 years to helping artists advance the speed and quality of one of their most important tools. Today, Chaos Group’s photorealistic rendering software, V-Ray, has become the rendering engine of choice for many high-profile companies and innovators in the design and visual effects industries.
Supported Architectures: x64
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even / 8.x / 10
Software Prerequisites: Rhino 5 or later (64-bit versions only)
Download File Size:355.26 MB