Wolfram recently released SystemModeler 5.0, a cyber-physical system-level simulation and modeling platform. The latest version added Symbolic Parametric Simulation, Modular Reconfigurability and 200 New Built-in Components.
Our goal with SystemModeler is to provide a state-of-the-art environment for modeling, simulation—and analytics—that leverages the Wolfram technology stack and builds on the Modelica standard for systems description (that we helped to develop).
SystemModeler is routinely used by the world’s engineering organizations on some of the world’s most complex engineering systems—as well as in fields such as life sciences and social science. We’ve been pursuing the development of what is now SystemModeler for more than 15 years, adding more and more sophistication to the capabilities of the system. And today we’re pleased to announce the latest step forward: SystemModeler 5.
As part of the 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 sequence of releases, we completely rebuilt and modernized the core computational kernel of SystemModeler. Now in SystemModeler 5, we’re able to build on this extremely strong framework to add a whole variety of new capabilities.
Some of the headlines include:
- Support for continuous media such as fluids and gases, using the latest Modelica libraries
- Almost 200 additional Modelica components, including Media, PowerConverters and Noise libraries
- Complete visual redesign of almost 6000 icons, for consistency and improved readability
- Support for new GUI workspaces optimized for different levels of development and presentation
- Almost 500 built-in example models for easy exploration and learning
- Modular reconfigurability, allowing different parts of models to be easily switched and modified
- Symbolic parametric simulation: the ability to create a fully computable object representing variations of model parameters
- Importing and exporting FMI 2 models for broad model interchange and system integration
More info: http://reference.wolfram.com/system-modeler/WhatsNew/WhatsNewIn50.html
About Wolfram Research
Wolfram Research is one of the world's most respected software companies. As pioneers in computational science they have pursued a long-term vision to develop the science, technology, and tools to make computation a force today and in the future. Mathematica is their core product that has launched modern technical computing and has now become the world's most powerful global computation.
Product: Wolfram SystemModeler
Supported Architectures: x64
System Requirements: PC / Macosx / Linux
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even and above / macOS 10.12 (Sierra), OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), OS X 10.10 (Yosemite),OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) / Ubuntu, Debian, openSUSE, Fedora
Download File Size:232.19 MB