GeometricPLM announced the availability of CAMWorks 2018 SP0 for Solid Edge. This release delivers many enhancements and improvements, most created in direct response to customer requests and focuses on helping you program the parts in faster and easier way.
What’s New in CAMWorks for Solid Edge 2018 – SP0:
- CAMWorks NC Editor for viewing/editing post-processed G-code
- Improved Workflow for inserting new operations interactively
- Simplified Rebuild Process that eliminates User intervention
- Option to save default Operation Parameters from CAMWorks For Solid Edge User Interface
- Aligning Bounding Box stock for Mill/ Wire EDM with a Coordinate System
- Simulation Toolbar revamped to Toolpath simulation Property Manager Page
- Improved Part Perimeter Feature Definition dialog box
- Mill Feature Recognition in increasing order of Z level depth
- ‘Sort Features’ Command to sequence Mill Feature Types Instances
- Subroutine options on the Posting tab of Machine node
- Enhancements to VoluMill Toolpaths
- Option to choose output order of toolpaths in Assembly mode in Setup tab of Machine Node
- Option for Mirroring Toolpaths at Mill Part Setup Level
- Assigning Max Feedrate of machine as Feedrate for Non-cutting Moves of VoluMill Toolpaths
- Defining Curve Projection Direction for Multiaxis Mill Operations
- Additional options in Entry/Retract Tab for Multiaxis Operations
- New option for Front Shift parameter in Axis Control Tab for Multiaxis operations
- Side Extensions parameters for Extend/Trim in Finish Tab for Multiaxis operations
- Advanced 3 Axis Toolpath Generation Method 31
- Preview images that graphically represent Point to Point & 2.5 Axis Mill Operation Parameters
- Preview images that graphically represent 3 Axis Mill Operation Parameters
- Defining Coordinate Systems for Main and Sub Spindle from Machine Node itself
- Generate Turn Finish toolpaths based on program point of the insert.
- Preview images that graphically represent Turn Operation Parameters
- New User Interface option for TechDB
- SQLite Database type now supported for TechDB
- Assigning Tapping operation to Hole features in Features & Operations Form of TechDB
Note: For the full list of new and improved features, please refer to the release notes located in the folder of your CAMWorks for Solid Edge 2018 SP0.
About CAMWorks for Solid Edge. CAMWorks for Solid Edge provides seamlessly embedded CNC machine tool programming within the SolidCW_SE-300x178 Edge design environment. As an integrated CAM solution available for Solid Edge, programming becomes simplified using out-of-the-box automatic feature recognition and best practices for machining operations are captured using a knowledge-based machining repository.
CAMWorks for Solid Edge excels in the areas of 2.5 axis machining and turning, and is the only feature-based CAM product that is embedded in Solid Edge, enabling it to more fully leverage Solid Edge synchronous technology.
About GeometricPLM by HCL Technologies. A specialist in the domain of engineering solutions, services and technologies. Its portfolio of Global Engineering services, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Embedded System solutions, and Digital Technology solutions enables companies to formulate, implement, and execute global engineering and manufacturing strategies aimed at achieving greater efficiencies in the product realization lifecycle.
On April 1st 2016, Geometric got into an agreement with HCL Technologies to transfer of its business to HCL Tech by way of demerger, except for its 58% share in the joint venture with Dassault Systèmes (3DS) (3DPLM Software Solutions Limited (3DPLM)). The transition has become effective on March 2nd 2017, after seeking all statutory approvals.
Version: 2018 SP0 (build 2017/1227)
Supported Architectures: x64
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer
Software Prerequisites: Solid Edge ST9 МР04 (and above) 64-bit
Solid Edge ST10 МР00 (and above) 64-bit
MS Access 2007 (32-bit only), 2010-2016 (32/64 bit)
Download File Size:2.14 GB