National Instruments (NI), has announced the release of LabVIEW 2018 VI Analyzer Toolkit, its allows you to interactively and programmatically test VIs to find areas of improvement. The toolkit contains more than 50 tests that address a wide range of performance and style issues.
The LabVIEW 2018 VI Analyzer Toolkit introduces the following new features and changes:
VI Analyzer Toolkit Tests
The VI Analyzer Toolkit includes the following new tests:
Block Diagram Tests
- For Loop Error Handling—Returns a failure for a For Loop that does not implement proper error handling to account for zero iterations.
- Auto Error Handling Enabled—Returns a failure for any VI with Automatic Error Handling enabled.
- Control VI Type—Returns a failure if the Control VI Type does not match the user-specified type.
The VI Analyzer Toolkit no longer includes the following tests:
Block Diagram Tests
- Node Density
- Typedef Cluster Constants
- Connected Pane Terminals
Ignoring Test Failures
- You can ignore test failures for VIs and block diagram objects. When you ignore one or more tests for a particular object or a VI, the VI Analyzer will not return a failure for that object or VI for the specified test(s). To ignore a failure for an entire VI, create a free label on the block diagram of the VI and add the hashtag #via_ignore [test] to create a bookmark. The VI Analyzer ignores results from the VI Analyzer test you specify in [test]. You can specify multiple test names in the free label to ignore multiple tests. To ignore a failure for a block diagram object, attach the free label with the #via_ignore bookmark to the object whose failure you want to ignore. Support for Human-Readable Configuration Files
- The VI Analyzer Toolkit supports human-readable, XML-based configuration files (.viancfg). You cannot password-protect .viancfg configuration files. The VI Analyzer Toolkit supports loading legacy .cfg files, but you cannot save files in the .cfg format.
Enhancements to VI Analyzer VIs
The VI Analyzer VIs have the following changes:
- VIAn Get Analysis Status VI—This VI includes the Abort Analysis input, which specifies whether to abort the analysis process when it is in progress.
- VIAn Save Configuration File VI—This VI no longer includes the Configuration File Password input.
- VIAn Add Password VI—This VI is no longer available. The VI Analyzer Toolkit does not support adding passwords to the VI Analyzer task password cache for password-protected VIs.
About NI LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit. The LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit helps you improve the quality and readability of graphical code developed in LabVIEW software. With this toolkit, you can configure more than 90 included tests for automated code review and static code analysis of all VIs in an application, or create your own using the test creation wizard.
Use the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit to debug and avoid overlooking improper coding techniques that could impact an application’s performance, functionality, or maintainability. In addition, you can enforce effective programming practices and coding styles within teams of developers to ensure code readability and functionality. By using this toolkit regularly, you can develop high-quality, robust LabVIEW applications.
About NI LabView. LabVIEW (Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench) is a graphical programming language that uses icons instead of lines of text to create applications. In contrast to text-based programming languages that use instructions to determine the order of program execution, LabVIEW uses dataflow programming. In data flow programming, the flow of data through the nodes on the block diagram determines the execution order of the VIs and functions. VIs, or virtual instruments, are LabVIEW programs that imitate physical instruments.
In LabVIEW, you build a user interface by using a set of tools and objects. The user interface is known as the front panel. After you build the front panel, you add code using graphical representations of functions to control the front panel objects. You add this graphical code, also known as G code or block diagram code, to the block diagram. The block diagram somewhat resembles a flowchart. The block diagram, front panel, and graphical representations of code compose a VI.
About National Instruments. Since 1976, National Instruments has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI’s graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company’s long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
Product: NI LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit
Supported Architectures: x86
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even SP1/ 8.1 Update 1 / 10 (version 1709) / Server 2012 R2 or Server 2008 R2 SP1
Software Prerequisites: LabVIEW 2018 Base, Full, or Professional Development System
Download File Size:184.5 MB