Cadence Design Systems Ltd., has released an update (HF108) to Cadence SPB/OrCAD 16.60-2015. This release added five new OrCAD products and three key feature updates as it celebrates 30 years of continued OrCAD design and innovation. The expanded OrCAD portfolio enables greater product creation efficiency by delivering additional high-speed design capabilities that address productivity and time-to-market challenges.
About Cadence SPB/OrCAD 16.60-2015. This release offers numerous improvements to tool usability and performance, but at the heart of 16.6 are three key benefits: enhanced miniaturization capabilities, timing-aware physical implementation and verification for faster timing closure, and the industry’s first electrical CAD team collaboration environment for PCB design using Microsoft SharePoint technology.
- OrCAD Component Information Portal provides users with CIS database management capabilities and integrated access to parametric component data through an interactive, web interface directly within the OrCAD Capture CIS product
- OrCAD DFM Checker provides a comprehensive set of manufacturing/fabrication-centric checks for OrCAD PCB Editor. The OrCAD DFM fabrication checks can be run at any time during PCB place and route to help ensure that no fabrication-related issues are present, helping designers avoid fabrication-related delays, additional costs and re-work.
- OrCAD Panel Editor provides an intelligent panel documentation environment for OrCAD PCB Editor that significantly simplifies panel creation and documentation
- OrCAD Sigrity ERC (Electrical Rules Check) provides a comprehensive set of electrical signal quality checks for OrCAD PCB Editor. ERCs are designed to be run by the PCB designer as a first-order electrical validation. This capability enables the PCB designer to make needed changes within the design before more extensive and exhaustive analysis is performed.
- OrCAD Capture Constraint System enables a constraint-driven PCB design flow for OrCAD Capture and OrCAD PCB Editor. Compared to the existing methodology, the OrCAD Capture Constraint System substantially expands the constraint definition and management methodology in OrCAD Capture.
New Key Technologies
- OrCAD PCB Editor productivity improvements include Scribble Route, an auto/interactive routing feature, which allows the user to loosely sketch a path for a route as the system figures how to detail-route it, as well as group and contour routing updates and via arrays
- OrCAD PCB Professional high-speed design features now offer enhanced differential pair constraints, propagation constraint support, delay tuning with heads-up display support, net scheduling and impedance constraint support
- OrCAD Signal Explorer is being added to OrCAD Capture technology-based products, enabling front-end signal integrity/signal quality simulation as well as topology exploration and constraint definition. It can also be scaled for additional signal exploration and signal integrity capabilities through OrCAD PCB SI.
About Hot-Fix. A Hot-Fix enables a customer to receive fixes for urgent problems, without having to wait for the next service pack. Unlike Service Packs (SP), which are scheduled, periodic releases, Hot-Fix releases are not periodically scheduled. Simply requesting a Hot-Fix does not automatically guarantee that the customer will receive it: all Hot-Fix requests first must be approved and accepted by Cadence prior to delivery. Furthermore, a Hot-Fix may contain fixes related to problems reported earlier by different customers. All the files included in the Hot-Fix will nevertheless be installed.
About Cadence Design Systems, Inc.Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP, and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers, and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry.
Product: Cadence SPB/OrCAD
Version: 16.60-2015 HF108
Supported Architectures: x86
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP / Vista / Seven / 2008 Server
System Requirements: Cadence SPB/OrCAD 16.60.000-2015 and above
Download File Size:1.94 GB