Chaos Group is pleased to share an update to V-Ray for 3ds Max featuring several optimizations and new features.
With this service release V-Ray adds support for rendering hair created with HairFarm 2.0 and V-Ray Proxy support for Alembic .abc files. There are also several new features and optimizations within V-Ray RT such as support for instancing, support for Forest Pro instancing, and faster update in ActiveShade rendering with the CPU engine when adjusting VrayLights. V-Ray RT GPU now offers CUDA speed optimizations and optimizations for GK110 cards.
New features in V-Ray 2.40:
- VRayHairFarmMod: Added support for rendering HairFarm 2.0 with V-Ray;
- VRayProxy: Support for Alembic .abc files;
- V-Ray RT: Support for instancing;
- V-Ray RT: Support for Forest Pro instancing;
- V-Ray RT CPU: Faster update when adjusting VRayLights;
- V-Ray RT GPU: CUDA speed optimizations and optimizations for GK110 cards;
- V-Ray RT GPU: Support for the ColorCorrection texture;
- V-Ray RT GPU: Support for the Mix texture;
About Chaos Group
Chaos Group is a leading provider of state of the art rendering solutions for the media, entertainment, and design industries. For over a decade our flagship rendering software, V-Ray, has set the standard for speed, quality, reliability and ease of use, and it has become the rendering engine of choice for renowned international studios. We work closely with our customers from around the world to ensure we’re creating the best tools for their workflow. Inspired by their imaginative creations, we passionately pursue advances in rendering technology and continue to improve the software needed to communicate their vision.
We proudly support the 3D community through our suite of innovative software solutions: V-Ray for Autodesk 3dsMax, V-Ray for Autodesk Maya, V-Ray for Rhino, V-Ray for SketchUp, Phoenix FD and Pdplayer.
Download File Size:900.66 MB