In this series of tutorials, members will learn how to dramatically improve the realism of your lighting by incorporating a linear workflow into your rendering projects.
We will begin the tutorial by explaining the purpose behind a linear workflow, and clarify how a linear workflow is used to get lighting results that are much more realistic. From there, we will learn the various steps for setting up a linear workflow in Softimage, which include enabling the Color Management tools inside of Softimage, gamma-correcting images and textures to be rendered and displayed correctly, maintaining a proper linear workflow during the compositing phase, and lots of additional tips and techniques that will help you get much better lighting results with a lot less effort.
1. Introduction and project overview
2. Understanding linear workflow
3. Rendering with a linear workflow in Softimage
4. Gamma-correcting textures in Softimage
5. Rendering and compositing with a linear workflow
Download File Size:222.74 MB