Bentley Systems Incorporated, has released an updated RAM Elements CONNECT Edition V14. For analysis and design of almost any type of structure or structural component complete with sophisticated design tools to help you with your everyday analysis and design needs. RAM Elements delivers the industry’s most productive and easy-to-use engineering analysis and design toolkit.
RAM Elements CONNECT Edition 14.00.01.008 Release Notes – Updated November 2017:
- Users now have the ability to change the application user interface language from English to Spanish and vice versa, once the software is installed.
- AISC Section E4 axial compression capacity for T section with principal axes rotated was calculating the capacity with the incorrect section properties. This has been fixed and now the axial compression is calculated correctly regardless of the principal axes.
- AISC torsion capacity under AISC DG9 was being reported with force units instead stress. This has been fixed.
- AISC user input Cb values were ignored. This is fixed now and the Cb values entered by the user are being used during design.
- AISC member with no torsion being checked for AISC DG9. Although this is correct as the DG9 checks torsion using normal and shear forces, this was causing some confusion and a conservative design as the guide uses elastic limits. Now if the member does not have torsion, these checks are ignored.
About RAM Elements. RAM Elements is the structural engineer’s toolkit system, for analysis and design of almost any type of structure or structural component complete with sophisticated design tools to help you with your everyday analysis and design needs.
This program provides unequaled flexibility for the design and analysis of different types of 2D or 3D structures containing linear members and shell elements.
The types of analysis available are: First order (Linear Analysis), Second order (P-Delta Analysis) and Dynamic (Seismic Analysis).
In addition, RAM Elements is also capable of designing hot-rolled or cold-formed steel members, wood (sawn lumber and glulam) and reinforced concrete members using the AISC 360-05 ASD, AISC 360-05 LRFD, AISC 360-10 ASD, AISC 360-10 LRFD, AISC 341-05, AISC 341-10, BS 5950-00, AISI 01 ASD, AISI 01 LRFD, AISI 07 ASD, AISI 07 LFRD, AISI 2012 ASD, AISI 2012 LFRD, AS 4100-98, CSA S16-09, NDS 05 ASD, NDS 05 LRFD, ACI 318-05, ACI 318-08, ACI 318-11, ACI 318-14 and BS8110-97 codes respectively. The program includes special modules for designing spread footings, combined footings, reinforced concrete columns, retaining walls, concrete walls, tilt-up walls, masonry walls, continuous beams and trusses. Additionally, RAM Elements has links with RAM Connection, a revolutionary tool that allows the fast design of steel connections inside or outside RAM Elements, STAAD.Pro, the RAM Structural System and ProSteel (SDNF).
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated. Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive architecture and engineering software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Founded in 1984, Bentley has nearly 3,000 colleagues in more than 45 countries, $500 million in annual revenues, and, since 2001, has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Product: RAM Elements
Version: CONNECT Edition v14 (version 14.00.01.008)
Supported Architectures: 32bit / 64bit
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer
Download File Size:626.39 MB