MEMS: Fundamental Technology and Applications (Devices, Circuits, and Systems) by Vikas Choudhary and Krzysztof Iniewski
English | 2013 | ISBN: 1466515813 | ISBN-13: 9781466515819 | 478 pages | PDF | 64,3 MB
The microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) industry has experienced explosive growth over the last decade. Applications range from accelerometers and gyroscopes used in automotive safety to high-precision on-chip integrated oscillators for reference generation and mobile phones.
MEMS: Fundamental Technology and Applications brings together groundbreaking research in MEMS technology and explores an eclectic set of novel applications enabled by the technology. The book features contributions by top experts from industry and academia from around the world.
The contributors explain the theoretical background and supply practical insights on applying the technology. From the historical evolution of nano micro systems to recent trends, they delve into topics including:
• Thin-film integrated passives as an alternative to discrete passives
• The possibility of piezoelectric MEMS
• Solutions for MEMS gyroscopes
• Advanced interconnect technologies
• Ambient energy harvesting
• Bulk acoustic wave resonators
• Ultrasonic receiver arrays using MEMS sensors
• Optical MEMS-based spectrometers
• The integration of MEMS resonators with conventional circuitry
• A wearable inertial and magnetic MEMS sensor assembly to estimate rigid body movement patterns
• Wireless microactuators to enable implantable MEMS devices for drug delivery
• MEMS technologies for tactile sensing and actuation in robotics
• MEMS-based micro hot-plate devices
• Inertial measurement units with integrated wireless circuitry to enable convenient, continuous monitoring
• Sensors using passive acousto-electric devices in wired and wireless systems
Throughout, the contributors identify challenges and pose questions that need to be resolved, paving the way for new applications. Offering a wide view of the MEMS landscape, this is an invaluable resource for anyone working to develop and commercialize MEMS applications.
Download File Size:29.89 MB